3.15.2010

the hardest part about owning a pet...

...is losing them.


This weekend our family dog, Buzz, passed away. He was my precious little man...and a huge part of our family. I grew up with him, fed him food at the table [sorry Mom], snuggled with him, let him lay his head on my pillow, taught him how to dance in circles...he even had me trained to follow him into the kitchen to give him a treat [and I fell for it every time]. We knew he was at that age...the final age. It's hard to lose a pet that has become a family member. It breaks my heart to think of how he won't be at the door to greet me when I go to my parents, and how I can't kiss that perfect little spot on his head anymore. I looked forward to seeing him every weekend...and I miss him already.


6 comments:

Jeanette Tourville said...

Awwww my cat is that age...kind of beyond that age and I'm dreading that day. Unfortunately I still live with her :(

Kara said...

:( So sorry about your pup. May he rest in peace in doggy heaven!

Liz said...

Awh poor beeb :( he is totes in doggy heaven. Precious photos you took to memorialize him! <3

Catherine Tran said...

aww i'm so sorry i know its hard.

my name is lauren. said...

sorry to hear about your pup :(. i always get choked up just thinking about what it would be like if our dog died. i don't know how i'll deal.

what sweet photos of him though, and at least you've got some good memories.

{Lauren}

thelittlethingswedo.blogspot.com

monica said...

awwww. i hate even thinking about loosing one of our dogs.

glad you have some great pictures to remember your sweet pup!